I am currently looking to recruit a Constituency Support Officer for my team. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual. Please do take a look at the Job Advert below, and if you are interested it will be brilliant to hear from you.
Job Title: Constituency Support Officer
I am seeking to appoint a Constituency Support Officer who can assist me and my team in helping with policy queries, developing local campaigns and improving my communication across the Keighley and Ilkley Constituency.
You will work closely with my team and I to assist in my activities in the constituency. This will include helping me assist constituents with local issues, ensuring people are informed of my work and helping to implement my plan to make Keighley and Ilkley an even better place to live.
An ideal candidate will be familiar with the Keighley and Ilkley constituency, and have knowledge of local issues, but this is not a vital requirement. A candidate will be willing to work hard and be a good team player.
The role will involve assisting with the organising of a range of constituency events and projects run by me. A successful candidate will also assist with running a range of constituency-focused engagement projects including with local stakeholders, community groups and other organisations.
Your main responsibilities will include;
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving constituency issues.
- Monitoring media coverage, and assisting with liaising with media.
- Organising large scale community events and projects.
- Managing and overseeing local campaigns.
- Developing and implementing a constituency wide communication strategy.
- Helping with digital comms.
- Traveling to constituency events.
- Drafting letters to constituents.
- Assisting with surgeries and other meetings, and follow up as appropriate.
Your key qualities will include;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good organisation skills and strong attention to detail.
- Flexible approach to out of hours working patterns.
- A “can-do” flexible professional approach.
- Highly organised, resilient and capable of working independently as part of a busy team.
You must also have a full, clean driving licence, and access to own vehicle.
Closing Date: Friday 17th June
Interviews: Interviews will be carried out on an ongoing basis. Please note that an appointment may be made prior to the closing date.
Application Details: Applicants should send their CVs with a covering email outlining their experience and why they are interested in the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mark the subject of the email 'NAME': CONSTITUENCY SUPPORT OFFICER.